Sikkim Permits

Sikkim Permits

No permit is required for Indian Nationalist to enter Sikkim. Foreigners should obtain Inner Line Permit (ILP), which is issued from all Indian Consulates abroad. Tourism offices listed below also issues ILP if you provide photocopies of the Indian Visa, details of your passport and two passport size photographs.

Permit Extensions

Stay period has been extended for 60 days with an extension of 30 days each. Extensions can be made at Foreigners Registration Office, Kazi Road, Gangtok. Or at the Office of Sub Divisional Magistrate or Superintendent Of Police in District Headquarters.

Registration Office (FRO) at Gangtok.

The FRO is located at Kazi Road, Gangtok. Phone No. : +91 3592 203041

Superintendent of police of North District

Phone No.: +91 3592 234242

Superintendent of police of West District.

Phone No.: 953595 250763 / 953595 250763 / 953595 250763

Superintendent of police of South District

Phone No.: 953595 263726.

Protected Area Permit / Restricted Area Permit

PAP and RAP are required for Trekking, Tsmogo Lake, Nathu-La Pass, Yumthang, Gurudongmar Lake and other certain areas of the state. It is issued by Tourism Department through Govt. of Sikkim Registered & Recognized Tour Operator. Two passport size photograph and ID Proof is required.